Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Today I wanted to share a fresh face makeup look with you that is perfect to wear to work and school. It is really simple and easy and can be worn for any occasion. It makes you look awake and ready for the day (even if you haven’t had your cup of coffee yet).
Follow the steps below to see how I achieved this look!
- Brows – I used Anastasia of Beverly Hill’s brow wiz and clear brow gel to fill in my brows.
- Foundation and Concealer – I mixed L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation with Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation to create a shade that matches my skin tone right now. I blended that in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I then used IT Cosmetic’s Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer to cover blemishes. I used Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Concealer to highlight my under eye area. I blended the concealer in with the damp sponge as well.
- Setting the face – I used Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder to set my entire face, making sure to apply enough under my eyes to set the concealer and prevent it from creasing.
- Bronzer – I used Mac’s Mineralize Skinfinish in the shade Give Me Sun. I applied this to the hollows of my cheeks, the temples, and around the hair line. This will just put some dimension back into my face and make me look slightly bronzed.
- Blush – For blush I used Bellápierre Cosmetics Mineral Blush in the shade Desert Rose. This blush has a bit of shimmer with a nice rosy-pink color that gives a beautiful and fresh flush of color to the face.
- Highlight – Of course, I probably don’t even have to mention this category because I used Becca Cosmetics Champagne Pop as always. I applied this to the top of the cheek bones (pretty heavily), the cupids bow, the tip of the nose, and a bit on the forehead. I really wanted the focus of this look to be fresh and glowing skin, so highlighting for me was key.
- Eyes – Since the focus of this look is fresh skin, I wanted to keep the eyes pretty simple. First, take any light neutral matte brown shade and run it through your entire crease area. I took shades #1 and #2 from the Morphe 35O palette and applied them to the crease area using a fluffy blending brush. Once those shades were completely blended, I applied a little bit of shades #4 and #5 to the outer corner of the lid, in a “v” shape, but you could use any dark matte brown shade that you have. This just added a little more depth and dimension to the eye. I took those two colors on a flat definer brush as well and ran them along my lower lash line. I blended those out with a fluffy brush as well. Take your time to blend these colors thoroughly, because we want to create a flawless, airbrushed look to the eyes. For the lids, take any light neutral shimmery shade and apply it from the inner corner of the eye to where you applied the darker brown shades on the outer corner. I used the shade Silk Teddy from the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. I highly recommend this palette for people who are just beginning in makeup, especially those with little to no experience with eyeshadows. This palette makes it really easy to create simple and quick looks and the quality of the shadows are excellent. After I applied this shade to the lids, I went back in and blended out the edges with a fluffy crease brush. Lastly, take any shimmery white or nude shade and apply it under your brow and on the inner corners of you eyes as a highlight. I used the shade Virgin from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. This step will really make your eyes pop and will make you look awake and fresh.
- For eyeliner, you can use whatever you want. If you want to wing it out, go for it. If you aren’t comfortable with wing liner or you just want something really quick, just smudge a black coal eyeliner on your top lash line. You don’t have to make the liner very bold, just smudging it into your lashes will give your lashes a fuller looking effect. I used Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner for this step. Next, apply a nude liner to the water line. This step will also open up the eyes and make them look bigger and more awake. I used Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer Eyeliner to achieve this step.
- Don’t forget to curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara to the top and bottom lashes. I used Benefit Cosmetic Roller Lash Mascara and Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.
- For lips, apply a light rosy pink color and you’re ready to go!
Here is the finished eye look!
The camera doesn’t really do this look justice. It looks more vibrant in person, but if you follow the steps above I promise it will turn out great!
xo, simply jess