I realize that February is a short month, but it feels like I literally blinked and it has gone by. I am definitely ready for March though, in hopes of receiving better weather. Despite the fact that February felt so short, I still managed to gather a handful of beauty favorites to share with you. You may recognize some of them from my beauty haul at the beginning of the month. I’ve been trying new products out all month and have decided on a few favorites, so let’s get into it!
- Morphe 35O palette – This is my new go-to palette. I am loving all the warm brown and burnt orange and red range of colors. It is perfect for daytime or nighttime looks and the similar color themes makes it easy to pair shades together. This palette definitely deserves all the hype it receives, and I don’t see myself putting it down anytime soon!
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner – I received this as a freebie sample from Sephora and am so glad I did. It is definitely expensive for an eyeliner, full size ringing in at a price of $25 – not something I would typically splurge on. I’ve been using it nonstop since I received it and it is definitely a high end eyeliner. It is creamy and glides onto your lash line without pulling or tugging at your skin. It lasts all day and is very black. I don’t know if I believe any eyeliner is worth $25, but if you’re looking for a high end gel eyeliner, this is a great one. If you are someone looking to create a wing with this eyeliner, I wouldn’t recommend it. The tip is not very pointed, it is better for smudging into your lash line or lining your water line. I have really enjoyed this “luxury” item and am dreading the day it runs out!
- Mac Give Me Sun – This natural mineralize skinfinish is my new favorite bronzer. It is a nice warm shade, and will be perfect for the summer when my skin is more bronze. It is not extremely pigmented, which is kind of nice since I can sometimes go heavy-handed with bronzer and if you go in with too much product or a product that is too pigmented, it can be harder to blend out.
- Blistex – I went through a phase a few months back where my lips were SUPER dry, and it seemed like any chapstick I used only made them worse. I tried out a bunch of different kinds, and Blistex was by far my favorite. It is super moisturizing, with a slight mint scent and a little tingling, which I like. Definitely my new go to lip balm.
- Garner Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water – I’ve been loving this makeup remover all month long. It is so gentle on my skin and is very effective in removing every last bit of makeup. Other makeup removers can feel harsh on my skin or can leave an uncomfortable residue, but I do not have that problem with this product. It’s so affordable and lasts quite awhile, I definitely recommend it.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge – I have reaching for this sponge over my beauty blender all month long. While I love my beauty blender, I think that the Real Techniques sponge does the same exact thing for a much lower price. I like how it has one flat side and is very soft on the skin. If you’ve been dying to try the beauty blender but the price is holding you back, I highly highly recommend you try out the Real Techniques Sponge, you won’t be disappointed.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer – At first I thought I would not like this product. It seemed too thick and sticky and I thought as a concealer it would instantly crease on me. However, I figured out a way to use it that has earned it a spot in my favorites this month. First of all, I squeeze a tiny amount onto the back of my hand and use my finger to apply it to my face. This gives the product a chance to warm up and makes it more easy to work with. I then apply it to blemishes on my face, as well as directly to any dark circles I have under my eyes. I don’t try to highlight my whole under eye area with this product as it is thick. There is a sort of iridescence to this product that makes it good for brightening up directly under the eyes, while contradicting any darkness. It is also thick and sticky enough to conceal blemishes. Light weight concealer tends to slide off blemishes, so by using a product like this, you will get better coverage. However, since it does have a sort of glow to it, make sure to set it with a matte powder.
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Perfume – I had a strong feeling that this product would make it into my favorites this month and I was not disappointed. I am obsessed with this scent and I have worn it every day since I received it. It’s light enough to wear during the day, and it has hints of floral but it is not too overwhelming. I just love it.
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Shade 170 Clear’d For Takeoff – I bought this polish as a new clear coat to try and I can’t believe how much of a difference it made. I usually have gel nails on, but I tried it on my toes and it made my polish last twice as long, I was so surprised. Definitely glad I decided to give this one a try.
- Victoria Secret Shea Smoothing Scrub – This body scrub smells amazing. It does a great job of exfoliating my skin, but the main reason it made it into my favorites was because of the scent. It is so relaxing, and is a perfect summer scent. I really love this product.
Well, that wraps up my February Beauty Favorites. I hope you enjoyed! I would love to hear what you’ve been loving this month!
xo, simply jess